Balos Gramvousa tour from Rethymnon starts at 07:10 from Panormo, 07:30 from Adelianos Kampos and at 08:00 from Rethymnon center. You drive west through the Chania area to the port of Kissamos where you arrive at 09:45 am.
PICKUP TIME LIST
PANORMO 07:10, SKALETA 07:20, SFAKAKI 07:20, PHGIANOS KAMPOS 07:25, ADELIANOS KAMPOS 07:30, PLATANIAS 07:35, MISSIRIA 07:40, PERIVOLIA 07:45, KALLITHEA 07:50, RETHYMNON CENTER 08:00, KOUMBES 08:05, ATSIPOPOULO 08:10, EPISKOPI N.R. 08:15, KAVROS O8:20, GEORGIOUPOLI 08:30.
You will enjoy an amazing cruise (with Cretan Daily Cruises boats) close to the coastline of the northwest peninsula of Gramvousa. While cruising you will notice the phenomenon of land elevation by 6 to 9 meters above sea level (dated 2000 years ago) which is more obvious here than elsewhere in the island of Crete. You will arrive at the island of Imeri Gramvousa after a one-hour sail.
There you can visit the Venetian castle, upon the rocky hill, breathe the fresh air and just dream away watching the breathtaking view! You can reach the castle in approximately 15 minutes by a footpath. Visitors say that maybe Gramvousa is even better than Balos!
Upon your return to the beach you will have enough time to swim in the crystal clear waters, while a freshly cooked meal will be under preparation on board (extra charge).
You will then depart for the protected from Natura, lagoon of Balos, where you will arrive 15 minutes later. This is a shallow and warm water lagoon with a white-sand seabed that makes the water have a shiny, jade-like color that made Balos the most photographed place in Crete! A little further from the rocks the sea gets deeper and it is perfect for snorkeling! Lucky you!
The boat after staying 3 hours in Balos Blue Lagoon, arrives back at Kissamos Port at about 17:45 where our coach waits for you to get you back to your pick up points.
1. For Balos tour you pay on the bus in cash.
2. On the boat you can buy anything you need at good prices by cash or card! Before getting off the boat on Balos beach make sure you have water and food because the only kiosk in Balos is located at the other end of the beach.
3. On Balos beach there are hundreds of sunbeds and umbrellas for rent.
4. On Gramvousa island there is no kiosk or umbrellas. Make sure you walk up to Gramvousa fort, it is amazing!
5. Make sure you use high protection sun cream and a hat.
6. On the boat there is audio system giving information in many languages including Polish.
We kindly request you cancel your bookings at least 24 hours before each tour! That way we can sell your seats to other people interested to join our tours!
We thank you in advance for your understanding!
EOT Licence Number